Sunday, July 26, 2015

Richard's Visit Equals Staycation Part 4


Part 4 and we are still having such a fun time at Wahooz.

After the Go-Karts / race track, the bumper boats, miniature golf we decided to go bowling. 
Wahooz Pinz Bowling center was beautiful. The scoring is electronic and there is even an option to have bumper pads come up in the gutters. We didn't chose this option but wish we would have. It has been years since any of us bowled. We were terrible, but it was fun.  
 They serve you food and drinks there as well. We were getting hungry so we ordered some junk food like this huge and delicious pile of nachos. 
 I think that this was Hope's first time bowling. She did really well, she is very athletic and caught on pretty fast. 
 The screen shots by our scoring sheet was too funny. The bowling pins were laughing at us because we were so terrible and that made us laugh too. 
 Tymber did a great job as well. I think she's been before, but it's been quite a while. We all wished for the bumper pad in the gutters. 
 Yes, I think those darn pins kept jumping out of our balls way because we hardly hit them. ha ha ha!
 Richard did the best out of us, but he really paid the price. It was kind of iffy if he should play because he had back surgery this year and is still recovering. Unfortunately all our playing around that day kept him in bed the next day.

But, it was worth it because he played with us. It's been quite a while since he could play because he's been having issues with his back for quite a few years. It's was nice to see him doing so much better since his back surgery. Yay for Richard.

It was also fun having him coach us because normally he's a great bowler - he was on a bowling league when he was younger. 

Of course Rhonda, Rich's wife is taking the picture - so we don't have a shot of her. 
Get ready for it ... next is me. 
A most unflattering picture of my behind, but that is what you get when you are bowling. Humbly I attach it to my blog. 

It was a lot of fun. Rich was the only one to make it past a 100. I had a really tough time getting my footing down. I did get one spare. The first ball was a gutter and then next a strike. Too bad the first one wasn't a strike. 

It was fun! 
Wahooz Site Photo

Then we played Laser Tag. Rich and I have never played before, but Rhonda, Tymber and Hope had played it a few weeks before. They knew what they were doing. 

Rhonda and Tymber were on the RED team. Rich, Hope and I were on the GREEN team. It was super fun shooting at each other. The RED team won. One of the things that they did, that we didn't was shoot the team home laser flag. That gave you lots of points. I was busy shooting people and hiding and didn't even think about the home flag. Now that I know somewhat how to play I'd make sure to hit that. 

It was fun shooting each other. It went by really quick -- too quick. But it was fun. I guess the Laser Tag that Rhonda and the girls played was a whole half hour. Ours was about 10 - 15 minutes. 

We decided to do another ride on the Go-Karts. It was really busy so we went to the slick track instead. It is similar to the Go-Karts, but a smaller track and slicker. 

I was booking it around that course. I wasn't going to let anyone pass me this time. 

Richard however was in a wreck. Someone hit him and he flew into the guard rail. The controllers made all our cars stop so they could fix the two people who were in the wreck. Of course there weren't any injuries with the harnesses and bumpers on the cars. 

We spent about 6 hours there until closing. I'm so glad we were able to do that as a family. I wished that I would have done that with my boys when they were young. I missed them being part of my staycation. But, at least I was able to enjoy time with my brother's family. We had such a great time together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin